Sunday, November 8, 2009

Not long to go

Well there is now only a few days to go until my exam.  The nerves are already starting to kick in.  During my lesson this week, I forgot my D minor scale fingering.  When I did it I couldnt believe that it actually happened.  At this point in time, that is not something that I can have happening.  I still didnt play Les plaintes d'une poupee all the way through without making any mistakes, but I did finish it through on the first go.  I just cant get my head around what it is that makes my hands shake, just because someone is watching me, when I know that I have done it at home quite a few times now without making errors.  I guess its the fact that I am in the spotlight and feel that anything less than perfect is no good, which may be a little unrealistic, but its what goes through my head while I'm playing.


I will be having another practice at my teachers house the day before the exam.  I really enjoy playing on her piano.  The keys are much quieter than my keyboard keys.  My keys seem to make more racket than the sound coming from them.  I noticed this when I recorded myself playing through the keyboard recorder.  The abscence of the noisy keys being pushed allowed me to hear the piece properly.  When Oh when will I be able to get a real piano, only God knows and boy am I praying.  I guess all good things come to those who wait.............

No comments:

Post a Comment